My site!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My site!!

Looks good however nothing ever downloaded in the box on the home page - maybe just slow.
    Chaps

www.chaplainsmith.com

Comment

very nice site like the pro template dang shame they are pricey at least for my wallet. 160-200 dollars is way outta my way.
      "Jim"

Hillbilly Electronics LLC

Comment

Originally posted by chaps
        Looks good however nothing ever downloaded in the box on the home page - maybe just slow.
        No, it's not slow. There is no url set to this I-FRAME, so it will simply remain blank....and a bothersome eysore. EEEP!

It's fixed now. I just gave it a blank html page with a black background to look at while it waits for instructions, Muahahahaha!
        Robert
        www.GraphXntrix.com
        Your Visual Revolution Solution

Comment

Originally posted by naghosthunter
          very nice site like the pro template dang shame they are pricey at least for my wallet. 160-200 dollars is way outta my way.
          Thanks for taking a look, but what "pro template" are you referring too?
          LOL, I'm a little confused. And really curious to know, too.

Reply back when you get a chance.
          Robert
          www.GraphXntrix.com

Comment

Hi Everyone!!

I am working on too many things right now, so my site is barely moving forward. This is ok, because I don't want rush into anything.
            My site will mainly be used for my services as a graphic and web designer while developing creative ways to promote, well EVERYTHING.
            I can also accept requests for consulting services.
            Even though the site is still in development, anyone can register as a member here:

I'm still working out a few scenarios that would help me decide on how best to make a free profile page to ALL registered members
            Robert
            www.GraphXntrix.com

Comment

So, all I was supposed to get was the black center screen? Nothing ever did appear there.

Personally, your page and iframe are why people don't get Google rankings - it's got no optimization or text for the se's - or for your visitors to see. And in today's web market - web designers can't leave out optimization - as a pretty design won't cut it on line without the mix.

I think - even if you want to move slow - you need to get text and optimization started so you have search engines helping you before another year passes.

Just a suggestion.
              Beth
              A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
              SEO - The Basics

Comment

lol when i said pro i meant flash like this type http://www.templatehelp.com/aff/prev...h.html&i=12229
                "Jim"

Comment

Absolutely Bethers, I agree. However, the search engines is not where I want my pages to be at the moment.

If I was to fully explain in text in this post, how prepared would I be if this post hit a top rank in results the big dogs look for. I'll wait.

Great things come to those who wait.
                  =)
                  Robert
                  www.GraphXntrix.com

Comment

Robert, I tried to send you an email via your contact form, but the
                    email field was not long enough....increase the number of allowed characters.
                    The other item was that blank fields can be sent from your form.......
                    Have fun
                    Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
                    Newbies / Beginners Forum
                    FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
                    My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
                    Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Hey Rob

I believe your site is still under construction, is that correct???

It looks good, once you've added great content for your customers I'm sure it will do well!!!!

I believe Flash is good but great content gets traffic!!!!
                      Phil Cartledge (Aussie Phil)

Discover A Simple Approach To Online Business That Locks In Your Success.

Comment

You are correct. I am curious beyond my means to something...

Alot of people have been mentioning, or rather, make comments about flash when commenting on my site...I do not use any flash on my site, nor do I have any. If you have seen any flash elements on my site, please let me know where, because I am unaware.

I am happy you like it. Things are starting to catch up, and I am beginning to feel under pressure. My responsibilities at home take up sooo much of attention that it's difficult for me to go into BUILD mode. All the things I am responsible for have me up and down all day.
                        Robert
                        www.GraphXntrix.com

Comment

hmmm thought it may have been flash due to the graphic like the buttons and all, thats what most people think when they see that.
                          "Jim"

Comment

Oh! nah, those aren't flash. Those are my affiliate banners for those products or services which are simply html code provided to me.

The easiest way for me to tell at first glance what something on a page might be, right-click it...when a little rectangle pops with options for "Settings..." and "About _______Flash Player" then I know its flash.

*the "_______" I typed that there because there are still web pages out there that say Macromedia Flash which was before Adobe took over.
                            Robert
                            www.GraphXntrix.com

Comment

Originally posted by naghosthunter
                              hmmm thought it may have been flash due to the graphic like the buttons and all, thats what most people think when they see that.
                              Just a correction on my part...you were referring to the navagation bar with the rollover effects. These were simply made in BlueVoda. All I had to do was to add 2 images to BlueVoda's navbar folder:

one for the normal state
                              one for the rollover state
                              Robert
                              www.GraphXntrix.com

Comment

It took me longer than usual to find "site entry" via the Portal ... that might be something to solve: find a way to clarify that Entry without making it "hokey" or detracting from your overall concept.
                                * Remember the limitations of using a Portal with regard to SEO as tags, KW, and Content are lopsided. (the good thing about BV portals is that all text laid in counts)

I have long been fascinated with the use of blogs and carts as site foundations (other than their intended use), and am glad you have seen fit to take a stab at it too. Part of my fascination is how the SE's regard the dynamics and how content is skewed slightly for a different approach to ranking both relevancy and hard-link visits....the fact these sites are written in fluid code also hints that you might need to brush up on it to go in and "harden it" along the Perfect Page methodologies (there are very reputable services that charge a pretty penny to clean up cart and template code for SEO). This would assist in taking some of the pressure to develop depth of content, and throw the focus back on the "perfection" application......the mother of all metrics!

I'll pop in in a couple of weeks to see how you've tinkered things up!
                                Great splash!
                                . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                                * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
                                X