Thoughts suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts suggestions

Hello community im making a post as I would like some feedback on the site im currently making. It is almost complete excpet for the contact page. While im a little apprehensive to show what I have so far I am curious as to what people think. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. There are a few clerical errors as well im just looking for some public criticism I suppose. I intend to redirect .com here as well but im currently having problems with my current registrar I wish I would have Found Voda host first. I love this place. :)

http://www.virtuallaborforce.net/index.html

Virtuallaborforce

The gaming project

Combining the real world with the virtual universe one step at a time…

The age of the gamer has arrived

Re: Thoughts suggestions

Liw

Looks pretty good, i did notice your footer is scrunched up into the last text box on your home page, might want to look into the spacing on that.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Pretty Slick! Your headed the right direction!

I like your Menu buttons....funny thing to note, but anyway...LOL

You might want to consider re-doing your logo/page header: I feel that it should always be more prominent that your "tagline" and your Menu system. You can see how the color tinting varies to the point of imbalance.

You really should consider re-designing the site to present 800 wide max.

And....your Privacy policy appears oddly familiar. You can tell it was altered, as syntax errors are resultant....fixing them would deflect any cries of plagerism.
      Do you have a Contest? If so, you must also post Official Rules.
      . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
      * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Yah as I don't have massive resources as of yet I looked at the big guys I tried to mimic parts I thought related until I could get a real one done by a professional but thanks for the tip and this was just a inital throwup to see what people thought as someone else will always recognize what I have not not. I guess im not sure what your saying about the header. You mean changing the page properties so it only displays 800 max?

Comment

Yes....800 wide for web pages is (and will be for a very long time) standard.

About the header/logo: it is much 'lighter' in color than the immediate tag below it, and only slightly different than the menu system. I would suggest it be colored to remain the most prominent feature of your website, as it is all about "branding" and impressions, right?

Comment

Oh one more thing I had the page prperties set to center in browser. Would unchecking that and settign the page width to 800 clear up that issue. Or are you saying that the images themselves should be resized?

Comment

Always remember to "center" your site pages...that way they present optimally for all viewers....but if the pages themselves are designed wider than 800 pixels wide, you are risking effective visualization for the majority of those online.

You don't have that many pages, nor is the overall design complicated whatsoever, so the effort to re-set your page width now would benefit you greatly.....

Comment

Good work,
                Some suggestions:
                The header seems to be lopsided, THE is the lower end, was this on purpose?
                -Terms: Internet etiquette, caps other than in titles or headers is considered yelling, bold or underline might be more effective, besides caps is hard to read.
                -The blue text in the Sign Up section is hard to read, doubly so because it is in italics.
                -Yes he means set page widdth at 800 and center in browser when you do.

Good luck
                Bill
                www.blueearthtea.com
                www.ftaaconsulting.com
                www.iaval.com
                www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Lol , sorry Vasili, I should have let you finish first.
                  Bill
                  www.blueearthtea.com
                  www.ftaaconsulting.com
                  www.iaval.com
                  www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Carry on, Colonel!

Time for me to tend to MY business anyway......

LOLOL

Comment

Originally posted by Vasili
                      Carry on, Colonel!

Time for me to tend to MY business anyway......

LOLOL
                      Vasili, what was that site you had about comps and accessories?
                      Bill
                      www.blueearthtea.com
                      www.ftaaconsulting.com
                      www.iaval.com
                      www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Ah I see what your saying thanks for the tips and will try to change some of the things. I was going for proper display in any browser so glad someone pointed it out now before I got way into this thing thanks again and Love the service

Comment

Originally posted by bill2006
                          Vasili, what was that site you had about comps and accessories?
                          Hey, Bill! Email me here to discuss it "off thread." --- That is, if you mean ChoiceIncentive and how it relates to www.MyChoiceMall.com ???

You can see a few of my "Retail" sites via my 'Corporate' site, under my signature, on the "Guest" side.....

Comment

Okay I changed the index page get more of a contrast and set the page properties to 800 width and centered. Can anyone tell me if that is better than the other pages? What do you think?

http://www.virtuallaborforce.net

Comment

OK....on the right track....

Consider the proportional aspects now. Maybe making your links a wee bit smaller? They really don't need to be so big, as long as they are easily accessible!

And, I can't wait to see your new logo in place....in your header, you could also change the "lines" from black to a darker grey too, right? This would make all 3 images "pop" and retain their prominence.

IMO

Comment

Working...
                              X