This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: getting my notes into my web site

Like the example below. It's not a fast method but neither is reformatting.
    Attached Files
    CarbonTerry
    Semper Fi
    Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
    Zone 5 Photo
    My USMC

Comment

I dont think he's worried about SE's if his audience is 1000 viewers.
      CarbonTerry
      Semper Fi

Red Hawk Archery
      Zone 5 Photo
      My USMC

Comment

Bethers:

Please excuse my interjections, I was under the impresion he wanted musical notes to rain down in his background. Must have confused post.

Comment

lolol Terry - I don't mind other suggestions - but yep, the musical notes is another post. And, he needs to get his audience to his site - and there's probably lots more than 1000 if they can find it.
          Beth
          A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
          SEO - The Basics

Comment

If you would like to email me one of your word documents - I'd be happy to look at it and see if there's a way to make your life a tad easier using it. Thank you indeed. I will do so.
            It sounds as if I shall have to work on learning how to use text boxes. At this stage they just annoy me. However when I type this note, I have not tried any of the suggestions that I have received.

Comment

Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately I cannot see the relevance of animation to my problem

Comment

Sorry to cause confusion between my written notes and musical notes. Perhaps I now understand your posting a little more.

Comment

Thank you for your suggestion. I shall add it to my list of approaches to try.. However I have no idea how to do a screen capture etc. If you have the time, perhaps you could direct me to something written and/or a relevant tutorial if one exists. After all this , I shall have to consider writing a set of notes (non musical) on this whole topic!!!!

Comment

1. Open your WORD document. (100%)
                    2. Press the "Print Screen" key. That's next to my F12 key.
                    3. Open your image editing program.
                    (I use photoShop, so I will give the steps for that program)
                    4. File/New/OK/Edit/Paste
                    Everything that was on your screen when you pressed the "Print Screen" button should appear as an image including your WORD document.

Use the image editing program to crop out all extraneous data and you can then "Save for the Web" option to reduce file size.
                    The .gif format will probably work best.

You may have to use 2 images per page as the screen cannot see the whole document when it is in the 100% view.

After a few trial and error pages this will be quite simple.
                    If you are familiar with PhotoShop you can set up an "action" to shorten the repetitive steps.
                    CarbonTerry
                    Semper Fi

Red Hawk Archery
                    Zone 5 Photo
                    My USMC

Comment

Thank you very much for this suggestion. I do not know anything about image editing programs. However I think my wife might. Thus I need to check wth her.
                      Question 1 Can you tell me more about .gif format. I do not know anything about it.

Comment

.gif is a format similar to .jpeg, however it supports transparent backgrounds and images. .
                        jpeg's will give a solid background color(s).
                        Generally, .gif is better for graphics and text whereas .jpegs work better for photos.
                        Note that I say "Generally" look at examples for each and make your own decision.
                        Make sure that you use the "Save for the Web" option and reduce your file size to suit your taste and electronic space.
                        Another option is to use "Pixel Resizer" or the free image editing program "paint.net" (no quote marks on either option)
                        CarbonTerry
                        Semper Fi

Red Hawk Archery
                        Zone 5 Photo
                        My USMC

Comment

Bill

A screen shot isnt a good way to go for what you want. It wont look professional and it will look like you just took a shortcut.. which is exactly what you did.

I think what you need is to understand how the text box works in blue voda, and how to make your text look like the format of your word document? With headers and indents, and bulleted points or numbered points below, and you can do this easily enough with a little patience and tweaking after you copy and paste it into the element. It really isnt hard to do.
                          You could also build your site, and then save these word pages as html as suggested above, and then just LINK to them as they are, just make sure to a.) open it in a new window or b.) Make a return link to the previous page.

How you do this, is going to be dependent upon the use of your documents. Are they the main point of your site? or a reference point of your site?

If you chose to build in front page I believe it allows you to INSERT a file and if you have the converter necessary installed as part of your program it will bring in the word document. Again.. It may or may not lose some of the formatting, because word isnt an html client and wasnt written for that purpose, even tho it allows you to save as a web file.

I think you need to try to LEARN how to use the text box, and this will solve your problem. If you post the issue you are having getting it to work, we can help you there much easier than trying to reformat your documents for you.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                          02036089024 / United Kingdom
                          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thank you for this additional information. My material consists almost solely of text and excel material. My wife does not know whether she has an image editing program. However we have bought a cannon camera and perhaps it has some details. I shall try to find.
                            Would it help if you saw a copy of my material. I could email you some sets of my notes if you have the interest to look further.

Comment

Thank you for your reply.
                              I do not understand the term "screen shot". Perhaps you can explain.
                              My site would not aim to sell anything. I just want to post material on lawn bowls and management. Some people may have an interest in some of my material because some of it rates as rather unusual. Thus I do not care whether it looks professional.
                              As I said in previous postings, I have well over a hundred sets of notes and many of these notes would have ten to twenty actual pages (not pages as per a web file).
                              I have tried to use the text box to alter my material but I did not have much success. If I cannot find an easier method I shall have to try to use it.
                              If you saw some of my material perhaps you would understand better. I could email it to you if you have further interest in my problem.

"You could also build your site, and then save these word pages as html as suggested above, and then just LINK to them as they are, just make sure to a.) open it in a new window or b.) Make a return link to the previous page."
                              I do not feel confident that I understand the above paragraph in your posting

"the use of your documents. Are they the main point of your site? or a reference point of your site?"
                              My material (sets of my notes) rate as the whole of the site.

"If you chose to build in front page"
                              Question 1. Does the previous phrase in you message suggest that front page can do something that Blue Voda cannot do.

I shall try to use the text box and thank you for the offer of trying to help. Thank again for taking an interest in my problem.

Comment

Go to one of my sites and email one page of your notes and I will see if I can figure out something for you.
                                CarbonTerry
                                Semper Fi

Red Hawk Archery
                                Zone 5 Photo
                                My USMC

Comment

Working...
                                X