X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Info on making other people web sites

Hello there,

1)How do i add the affilliates banners on my site? Do i have to do this before or after i publish and how do i go about the process of doing this.

2) If i wanted to add some flash to my site where do i go about doing this? I mean i watched the tutorial for this but how do i get flash images and etc. on to bluevoda program or file? I would really like to add some flash to my site. Is this going to cost me more money?

Thank you:)
    Last edited by Fanos Theo; 11-22-2007, 07:11 PM. Reason: Figured out my own question but came up with another.

Comment

Hi, you add your BV affiliates links before you publish & enter them into a HTML box.
      Flash is made with a separate program & then added to BV, & is not actually a part of BV.
      Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Thank you Chris,

What kinds of programs do i have to use to add flash to my wesites,and what one's are the best to use? Do you normally have to pay for these?

Comment

Hi there,

I don't know what happened but when i try to page preview my sites i keep getting UNEXPECTED FILE FORMAT and it won't let me do anything.
          Can you please help me? This has took me a long while to do and i don't want to lose this.

Comment

K i am having issues posting a new thread for a new prblem i am having. My site is already on the internet and this does not look good. What is wrong with this. Go to www.fanosdesignsolutions.com and u will see my home page. I have tried recreating it in bv but nothing is working. I already have givin out a lot of my business cards and this does not look good for business. PLEASE HELP ME

Comment

Fanos-

Short of being there and looking at your page in the BV web builder- it is difficult for us to say.

Did this happen all of a sudden where the page got all jumbled up?

Was the site up and running for a while and this occured after adding something to the page?

Have you tried rebuilding the page from scratch?

No links work. I suspect that you have added something to the page that has a major conflict with the coding.

Also- I have seen your other pages and you really need to reduce the width to fit at least with in 1000px wide. Yours is set to 1144px and causes a sideways scroll on my screen with a resolution of 1024X768. Your page width is way above industry standard. Just a thought.

Andy
              PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Hello,

Yes it pretty much happened all the sudden where the pages got jumbled all the sudden. I have not changed anything but the alinging of the pages so they are all the same and this happened. It isn't like i added anything to the page. I would understand if i added something and it caused a conflict but i didnt. Really wierd. The page was up and running for a while. I noticed that the pages were not alingned properly so all i did was move things to the left or right a little bit. I tried to republish them and this happened.

I have also tried to rebuild the page from scratch and everytime i add something after the html and conncting you to the world it throws it off. Like it puts the rest way at the bottom of the page and give me no scroll bar to go down.

PS. thanks for the px advice i will fix that

Comment

I have also tried to rebuild the page from scratch and everytime i add something after the html and conncting you to the world
                  Explain this a little better.

Andy
                  PHP- is a blast!

Comment

K

1)My site was published. It worked fine. Nothing was wrong with it. Already online and published.

All my pages did not line up with each other on the net. I went into bv and grouped all the content on my pages and lined them all up so they are all in the same spot on the pages. This means that when u go to my index page and then click on my about us page the top of the page where i have all the same info on each page don't jump from right to left.
                    THIS IS NOT RELAVENT.
                    All i did was move everything that is on the index page to the left a little bit.

K say that all the content was aligned in the middle of the page right? All i did was move align it to the left. Tha is all and everything messed up.

I don't get this. I have tried everything and nothing has worked. Waht do i do?

Comment

Hi,

How do i add bidding to a site? I want to add a bid option so that people can bid on a variety of different products on a website that i am creating.
                      And i also have to add an option for people to register and sign in.Will these options need there own specific pages to them selves? I have been looking all over the forums but i didn't find anything. Maybe i am searching in the wrong places or entering the wrong search words..
                      Can you help?

Thanks

Comment

Hi Theo,

you need a specific script for registration / login and yet another for bidding.

Have a look at http://www.dbtechnosystems.com/logginexamples.php

If you are interested, contact me. Or, look for a free script of this kind, on the net.
                        Navaldesign
                        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thanks for your help. I will check out to see what i can find online and if need any further help i will be sure to contact you.

I am creating or redesigning my site through macromedia flash 8 and was just wondering how the emails would work on my contact page. Would people have to go through their email to send me a message or will they be able to click on my email through the flash site? I don't think i can make a link through the flash sight to go to Microsoft outlook unless i am missing something which could be possible. Can you help me please?

Comment

I have no experience with Flash sites, but it would seem absolutely impossible that it would not allow you to include email links in your pages, or contact forms (processed somehow, with some cgi or php script).
                            Navaldesign
                            Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Hello,

I have sent bluevoda so many emails asking for help but i have recieved nothing. Can you please help me?
                              I ordered a domain for a client of mine. You sent me the login info but i have not recieved any type of ip address for me to publish the site. All i got was ... in the area where it is supposed to tell me the actual ip number. I can not publish my clients site and my client is waiting on me. Can you please please help me on this?

Sincerely,

Fanos

Comment

Originally posted by Fanos Theo View Post
                                Hello,

I have sent bluevoda so many emails asking for help but i have recieved nothing. Can you please help me?
                                I ordered a domain for a client of mine. You sent me the login info but i have not recieved any type of ip address for me to publish the site. All i got was ... in the area where it is supposed to tell me the actual ip number. I can not publish my clients site and my client is waiting on me. Can you please please help me on this?

Sincerely,

Fanos

Your client also needs to order a voda hosting account. This information you will receive when the client orders a voda hosting account .. so check and see if a hosting account was also ordered, not just the domain name or you won't be able to publish.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                                1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                                02036089024 / United Kingdom
                                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
                                X