X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Installing new php templates

Hi Alien:

I got the skins from http://www.phpbb.com/

Yes they are in a new folder with the exact name as the orignal file, as that is what I read to do

Also they are in the Bluevoda file as well...as that is where I save all things pertaining to my site.

Rcmaddawg
    Rcmaddawg
    www.rcfun4all.com

Comment

sorry it took so long to get back .
      OK will take it one step at a time, you might have already have done some of this,
      open ftp and connect, on the right side find and open folder named forum. then find folder named templates and open, is the theme skin folder there.?

Comment

Hi Alien...
        Yes I have done all of the things mentioned in your last post.
        Rcmaddawg
        www.rcfun4all.com

Comment

Right
          in your FTP have you checked that every file and folder have been moved to the right side. so it's right side forum, template (theme) images, admin, also the folders inside the images, admin.
          this can be done by opening each folder in turn. ie: left side of screen , right side of screen, forum left / forum right - template left / template right and so on checking all file have been moved across.
          if all file have been moved then come back and we will move on
          OK.

Comment

the only ones I have in there from the left side to the right side are: admin and images...and I looked at the other 2 I downloaded as well and I don't see a folder in any of them marked "theme"....so that must be my problem...but how on earth do I get the templates with ALL the necessary files?
            Rcmaddawg
            www.rcfun4all.com

Comment

find the theme you wanted on the left side of your ftp manager open and check that the files and folders are there. if it looks like they are close the folder. on the right side templates delete all folders except the subsilver the ones you loaded there.
              now open the forum folder on right side then open templates.
              now click the theme you wanted on the left side so it is high lighted now click the move to button in the tool bar at the top. the move can take a while so make a cup of tea. when finished check the files and folders left to right.
              ok

Comment

Sry Alien...but I did just as you said, and the file went over very quick...so quck now that I can't even see it on the right side...LOL now that is fast....
                Rcmaddawg
                www.rcfun4all.com

Comment

has that folder on the left got all the files and folders in it , and did you open the forum then templates folder on the right before you clicked move to. if you did not you will find the folder is the last item on the right.

Comment

The one on the left has admin and images in it...and yes I did open the forum, templates folders before I clicked to move.
                    Rcmaddawg
                    www.rcfun4all.com

Comment

try moving it across agian. sometime these thing are stubborn and times out. if it happens agian give me the theme name and i will find out whats there.

Comment

Ok...I tried 2 of them again...and still nothing...so these are the 2 I have:

acidtechpurple
                        ezHyperShadow101

The ezHyperShadow101 is the one that I would like to us...but if not...I'm quite willing to find another...one that has all the proper files to install

Thanks for all your help so far Alien
                        Rcmaddawg
                        www.rcfun4all.com

Comment

OK I will go and get them and see what i come up with. give me half an hour and get back to you. mind you if your in the UK you might want to go to bed . but don't worry you will have the forum you want. these things are here to test your will power.

Comment

LOL @ testing my will power....it is testing alot more than that I tell ya...I'm in Canada...so will be up for a long time yet.
                            Rcmaddawg
                            www.rcfun4all.com

Comment

Ok think I've got it have look is this the one you want ? click HERE

Comment

OMG Alien...you are the best....YESSS we will take that one...I'm almost ready to take anything...but that one is great.

ps: all these posts are from Maddawgs wife, he has no idea what is going on with his site other than I'm at my pc for 10+ hrs a day now...hahaha
                                Rcmaddawg
                                www.rcfun4all.com

Comment

Working...
                                X