X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Single Menu Page with Bv and PHP

Thank Naval,

I found this just in time! It works great. .. just what I needed!
    McBuff
    Stay Connected
    http://www.connectuswell.com
    http://www.househunterforyou.com
    http://www.sellhousewell.com
    http://www.truemasterplan.com

Comment

Naval
      Thanks, that's great and it worked perfectly.
      Can you give me some clarification on the discussion above with regard to SE's .
      What I understood from the discussion is that the php route is not SE friendly and therefore not the best way to go if that is important to me and using text buttons and CSS is preferable?
      CedarAtticVents.com Genuine Cedar Attic Vents, Gable Vents and Shutters in many Standard Designs and Sizes as well as Custom Made to Your Specifications
      HingeAndLatch.com Gate and Door Hardware with the look and feel of yesteryear. Traditional and Antique styles to enhance all your entrance-ways

Comment

Winn-
        Quite the opposite is true. The php method shown is very se friendly and is far better than the I-Frame method. Use it with confidence.

Andy
        PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Great tip naval!!! Thanks.
          (: Read Only The Good Stuff And Your Day Will Be Blessed :)

Comment

Naval,

Just so you know how much I trust you.

I have now saved a header, footer and menu using this system - for a site I'm moving to Voda (hopefully this weekend) and I can't test anythinig, cuz it has to all go live when I direct the nameservers here!

Now, to remember to save all the pages as php - am going through them now making that change!
            Beth
            A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
            SEO - The Basics

Comment

Originally posted by Bethers
              Naval,

Just so you know how much I trust you.

I have now saved a header, footer and menu using this system - for a site I'm moving to Voda (hopefully this weekend) and I can't test anythinig, cuz it has to all go live when I direct the nameservers here!

Now, to remember to save all the pages as php - am going through them now making that change!
              Your trust is a Great Honour for me Beth! Thankyou!
              Navaldesign
              Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
              Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
              DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
              Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Naval - one question

I'm going to lose all the links and page rank etc on all my internal pages anyway with the move - wouldn't be able to do this if that wasn't happening anyway - but I don't want to lose it.

So, I'm thinking I need to keep the home page html. And do all the others as php to use that. Do you see any problems here I might run into?
                Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
                SEO - The Basics

Comment

No problem at all. Furtermore, i suggest that you use a CSS text based menu both in the home page as well as for the php menu include page. This way, all your internal links will be available to SE spiders imediately.
                  Navaldesign
                  Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                  DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                  Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

I am doing text links. I like anything that helps with the se's - specially cuz as I move my sites, I take quite a few backwards steps initially.

One more to move after this one - but not starting on it until Christmas sales are over. Then I have a couple more builds in the works - but those are new ones - :)
                    Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
                    SEO - The Basics

Comment

Css text based menu, is in fact a text menu. CSS only helps in styling it, so you can use it with no problem at all. The text menu generator download posted above creates such text menus.
                      Navaldesign

Comment

Naval, I have a basic question.
                        Using your method I've generated a top menu, a side menu and also a footer. I'm having trouble with placing the footer where I want it because when it is generated it is generated with an absolute vertical position.
                        I've tried getting it to be relative but it's not working for me - I've removed the top position (it then generates right at the top - when I add a relative position it generates relative to the top of the page - I'm probably placing it in the wrong place in the code.
                        I use Link Assistant so I'm wrapping the template code generated from BlueVoda around the LinkAssistant code.
                        Can you tell me how I get it to be sensitive to the page length and be placed at the foot of the page?

Thanks again
                        CedarAtticVents.com Genuine Cedar Attic Vents, Gable Vents and Shutters in many Standard Designs and Sizes as well as Custom Made to Your Specifications
                        HingeAndLatch.com Gate and Door Hardware with the look and feel of yesteryear. Traditional and Antique styles to enhance all your entrance-ways

Comment

You can't do anything about that. In fact, you are including the whole page, as you create it. Create three different pages for the top menu, the side memu and the footer and place each one in a separate html box. Ofcourse, the code has to be changed . Suppose you use the original code for the top menu. The code for the others should be:

<? function sidemenu() { ?>

and

<? function footer() { ?>

for the side menu and the footer pages,

and

<?php
                          include ("sidemenu.php");

sidemenu();
                          ?>

<?php
                          include ("footer.php");

footer();
                          ?>

for the page that has to be included, and for the html box respectively. In each of the three pages the elements (top menu, side menu, footer) have to be placed in the very top left corner of their rispective pages.
                          This way you can manage each of the three elements on it's own with absolute precision in the placamen.
                          Navaldesign

Comment

Yup - that's what I've done but in dealing with the way LinkAssistant works I only have one set of "wrapping" html that I can put round the LinkAssistant code. It then goes off and generates the actual pages and uses the wrapping html exactly as given to it.
                            If the footer is specified to be 800px from the top that is where it will be on all pages and some pages that LA generates (I put my links in categories - some will have 2 links, other 40 which I then specify should be split so that no more than 15 appear on a page) the page length could be say 400px long and others 1200px so what I'm trying to do is have the footer float to a place just after the body code.
                            I'm thinking I may be trying to do something that can't be done and I'll have to go back to an inline menu bar for the footer and live with having to edit each link page manually if I change it.

Comment

Hi Naval,

I had created my text menu in BV but thought I'd try out the CSS - and have one I like and would use - but whenever I input the css and html portions into the BV builder, it doesn't turn out to be the same. I've tried inserting the CSS into the Start of Page, Body, Inside Body, Between Head.

What am I doing wrong with that? The html shows up - and are links - but are not in the format selected - so it's not pulling from that. Do I need to do something else with the CSS?
                              Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
                              SEO - The Basics

Comment

Winntec - LA is a whole different ball game - I suggest you put the footer on the LA template and not have those pages call it up - which is how LA is supposed to work - those pages are generated OFF your site. You need to follow the LA directions on those pages.
                                Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
                                SEO - The Basics

Comment

Working...
                                X