• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vasili
    replied
    Re: Tell A Friend Script

Originally posted by jojopara View Post
    The form is on my site. It shows but does not send mail to myself. I have inserted my own domain name in the mailbody.
    Of course it will not email you - it emails the friend you are telling about the site and inviting to visit! Supplying a domain name does nothing ..... it requires an email address.

Simply put, you are better off using one of the more familiar "Sharing" tools offered than using this single function script to promote your website, such as is available from www.AddThis.com or www.wibiya.com.

Both are completely customizable and offer more choices for Visitors to consider to effectively engage with and promote your website, and are thus the proven tools and method you should be focused upon using. Not only can a Visitor email a friend, but they can "Share" the site on Facebook, Google +1, Digg, add the site to their Favorites, and in nearly 100 other ways create a sense of loyalty for your website.

Leave a comment:

• jojopara
    replied

Hello,

The form is on my site. It shows but does not send mail to myself. I have inserted my own domain name in the mailbody.

Thank you!

Leave a comment:

• navaldesign
    replied

I tried it and it worked just fine ?

Leave a comment:

• aaron123
    replied

I've used the form before and it's worked fine. Now for some reason when I test it with my on email address, it will send the results to my spam folder but it won't redirect me the the TAFreturn page. Any ideas? I've had this happen with other forms I've created as well in the passed. They work one moment and then when republished later, the form will process but never redirects me to the following page.

Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• EricPSF
    replied

Originally posted by navaldesign View Post
    I can't find your page anymore....
    Nvm, thanks anyway.

Leave a comment:

• navaldesign
    replied

I can't find your page anymore....

Leave a comment:

• EricPSF
    replied

Originally posted by navaldesign View Post
    Pease look at my above answer (4 posts above)
    Hi navaldesign,

It's work, I can key in entries in all the 4 fields. But I can't received the email after testing it several times. It too didn't direct me to the TAFreturn page after submission and the error page is not working as well?

Please kindly advice further.

Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• navaldesign
    replied

Pease look at my above answer (4 posts above)

Leave a comment:

• EricPSF
    replied

Hi Navaldesign,

I can't key in data for both the "Your name" and "Friend's email". Please kindly advice. See http://www.babyandpapa.com/TAFform.html

Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• Richest
    replied

Hi Naval,

I really like your Tell A Friend script. It works great!

A simple question I hope...can the placement of the pop up Tell A Friend box be adjusted to be centered on the screen? Currently, the box pops up somewhat to the left side of the screen and towards the top in Explorer and at the top left of the screen in Firefox on my laptop.

Thanks again for you assistance!

Richest
    www.zionsbranch.org
    addon domain www.bountifulquartet.com

Leave a comment:

• Richest
    replied

As usual, your answers are right on! I really appreciate all your help. Your fix on checking and unchecking the Disabled and Readonly boxes worked perfectly. The form now works as it should.

Thanks Naval!
    Richest
    www.zionsbranch.org
    www.bountifulquartet.com

Leave a comment:

• navaldesign
    replied

I can't type anything in the last field, it works fine with the first , i can focus but not type in the second.

This is due to an incompatibilioty of the new BV11 with older versions.

Simple solution:

Open the TAF page (form). Double click each field, and see if the "Disabled" and "Readonly" checkboxes are chacked. Eventually, check and then uncheck them. Save and publish, refresh your browser to test.

Leave a comment:

• Richest
    replied

Hi Naval,

I have successfully used your Tell A Friend script on my first website, www.zionsbranch.org. I recently created an addon domain, www.bountifulquartet.com. For this addon domain, I download the Tell A Friend file over again just in case their were any updates. I have followed all the instructions, and have not made any modifications to 4 pages that are uploaded to the bountifulquartet addon domain. Your TAF.php file was uploaded to the bountifulquartet addon domain via Blue Voda FTP Mananger. My problem is that when I click on the Tell A Friend button, the Tell A Friend window pops up, but I can not type information into all of the fields. Is there something different I have to do with an addon domain to get this to work? The Tell A Friend button is located on www.bountifulquartet.com. Thanks in advance for your help!

Leave a comment:

• aaron123
    replied

Thank you for the script it works great! Is there any way I can be notified when someone uses it, so I can keep track of numbers?

Leave a comment:

• skoorbw
    replied

i must be the dumbest cookie on this forum!
    i can't even get the popup window to appear.
    the email, spam and return page would appear but no popup
    i surrender

Leave a comment:

Working...
X