X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: message boards

Nish-

Exactly as I had thought....
    Yes, go ahead and re-install, and when it asks you "Which Directory?" be sure to click on ishmanfishman folder > this "opens" it, and then to name the new directory "forum"

This will create a "folder" within ishmanfishman to keep your forum in (much like a sub-domain) and will then let you link to the Forum normally, keeping your BV "front-end" intact.

Do you see the linear concept now? You had installed the forum into the root directory, and it took precedence over any BV page, not allowing you to see the BV pages nor "link" to the forum itself (as it auto-populated).
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Vasili,
      Hopefully something is sinking into my brain. I'm still on training wheels, I have to fall down a few times before I'm ready to move ahead.
      Thanks
      Nish

PS I'll give you an update on my progress or lack thereof tomorrow. I'm giving you a day off!

Comment

Vasili,
        Sorry, but your day off is over. Please click on my site www.ishmanfishman.com and then click on Message Boards. I may have stumbled onto something.
        If I did this correctly, I'll need to know how to customize this page and least of all add a link back to the home page.
        Thanks for your patience.
        Nish

Comment

Again, it appears you have installed your Forum into the public_html/ directory of ishmanfishman.com. (This can be verified by the link "Messages Boards" pointing to ishmanfishman.com/index.php RATHER than ishmanfishman.com/forum......)

There is a problem with this, don't you see? First of all, your ishmanfishman Main Page (the BV page) is untitled: it should have been saved and published as index - and that is why it can easily be seen that you improperly set up your Forum. The conflict exists since you have only one place for an "index" page in a site....what are you going to call your Main Page now????? How are you supposed to link back to it???

You did not follow the simple instructions to re-install your forum naming it "forum" where asked: this would have created a separate directory to hold your forum in, and give it the ability to have it's own index page....

Example: your Main BV Page for the site should look like this: ishmanfishman.com/index.html
          and your forum link from Main page should look like this: ishmanfishman.com/forum .....and the forum's index page would present itself, as you would be going into a directory new.

You might be better off emailing me the info for me to access your cPanel and simply let me do it for you. Afterward, you can change the password if you want, no big. It would be easier for me to do it FOR you than try in 9 different ways to explain it to you....

Comment

Vasili,
            You got mail.

Comment

...and a solution for YOU!

LOL Will email you when done...

Comment

Vasili,
                I feel abandoned. Send me a smoke signal so I know you're okay!
                Nish

Comment

I am alive, but severely battered.
                  Fear not, Nish, you'll have your board up perfectly by Monday night....
                  Life has a way of becoming complicated the more we intend to simplify it!

Comment

Vasili, you're a good man. Expect something special in you stocking this December.

Comment

You mean I finally get to take my foot out of my mouth???
                      LOL

Comment

Vasili, I hope I don't perish in Hurricane Ernesto before you straighten out my forum. I wouldn't want you to feel guilty.
                        Thank you,
                        Nish

Comment

5 Stars for Vasili

Comment

Originally posted by Aliens Anonymous
                            5 Stars for Vasili
                            Thanks, Alien....like that was a big stretch for an ET....handing out stars like Terrans hand out candy!
                            Uff!

And Nish? The way things are going for me lately, I wouldn't be surprised that I "encounter difficulties".....then everyone can have a promotion in my company - more room at the top to fill!!!

LOL Good to see you, my friend! I guess I'll have to stop by your Forum for a breather! Maybe I just need to finish this thing for Nish first?? Race lateralled it to me, the old bugger!

Comment

NISH

You have email, and a request. Please respond before 8-29-06 8:00 P.M. PST, or I will not be able to continue on your behalf.

Comment

Done!

Comment

Working...
                                X